For more than a year we have been working and living under difficult circumstances to help keep Covid at bay. As you may recall from our last communication, we have followed the guidance as set out by the UK Government, Public Health England, NHS England and our governing bodies to ensure we work to a high standard to keep everyone safe.
At Gipsy Lane Advanced Dental Care, we are guided by best practice and will continue with best practice standards.
From Monday 2nd August 2021, we will be making a few small changes to how we are currently operating, and would like to take this opportunity to inform you of the following:
- If you are unwell, or showing symptoms of Covid [ new cough, temperature over 38 degrees or loss of taste or smell], please contact Reception immediately on 01189665656 or [email protected]
- Everyone accessing or visiting healthcare settings must continue to wear a face covering [ unless medically exempt] and follow social distancing rules
- Hands will need to be sanitised upon entering the building, a dispenser is available just inside the front door
- Our front door will be unlocked and our waiting room in use – please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment time, you will be asked to wait in your car if you arrive too early to limit the numbers in the waiting room
- You will no longer be able to check in using the Patient Portal – please report to Reception to let us know you have arrived
- Appointment reminder emails and texts will still give you the ability to complete online your medical history form, Covid screening form and contact consent – please ensure this is done before you arrive
- Our water dispenser will be ready for use with disposable cups – please sanitise hands before using the machine with the sanitiser provided
- Contactless and card payments are preferred as much as possible
- Our patient toilet will be open but we ask that you use your own facilities before you leave home
- We are operating a one-way system in and out of the practice which is to be adhered to at all times
- The use of Ultrasonic scaling by the Hygienists is limited to 4 Hygienists currently, and carries a £10 PPE surcharge to cover the enhanced PPE, mechanical ventilation and air filtration needed. The use of ultrasonincs will be discussed between clinician and patient
- All dental treatment [ fillings, extractions, crown preparations, use of ultrasonincs, etc] will still have a PPE surcharge levied to cover the cost of enhanced PPE, mechanical ventilation and air filtration needed
Gipsy Lane Advanced Dental Care prides itself on the best practice standards we work to, and will continue to do so to keep our patients and staff plus the wider community safe, and hope that you respect our decision to do so.
Here’s to moving forward together happy, healthy and safe.