We care deeply about the environment and recognise that the dental and medical professions generate a huge amount of general waste. From January 2020 our environmentally friendly goals are:
- To recycle all our domestic waste.
- To offer a recycling point for toothbrushes for the community
- To help with the segregation of our recycled waste.
- To keep lights and all electrical appliances switched off (not on standby) when not in use.
- To print documents double-sided and gray scale.
- To encourage the Owner and Manager to keep purchasing 100% recycled paper products like paper cups and environmental friendly chemicals.
- Whenever needed, to help the Owner and Manager in developing Environmental friendly strategies.
- To encourage patients to use digital medical forms (instead of paper).
Our first mission for 2020.
Recycling point for toothbrushes and TEPE’s
Oral care products have long been a bugbear of the zero waste world. Most manual toothbrushes are made of plastic and, if we follow the advice of our hygienists here at Gipsy Lane, should be replaced every three months – meaning in the UK alone, that’s a potential 264 million brushes thrown away every year.
Gipsy Lane are acknowledging these problems and are looking at accepting any brand of toothbrush, toothpaste tubes and caps, toothbrush outer packaging, electric and battery toothbrush heads and toothpaste cartons into a recycling point at the practice. Watch this space!!!!
Gipsy Lane are acknowledging these problems and in the New year will be accepting any brand of toothbrush, toothpaste tubes and caps, toothbrush outer packaging, electric and battery toothbrush heads and toothpaste cartons into our recycling point at the practice.
Bring your brushes along … not just for our patients but for everyone in the community.